Wednesday, April 25, 2012

{Haircut, Cake, and Park}

In the interest of documenting....

Miles got his first hair cut in March.  His hair grows great on top, and not so well on the sides.
(Hopefully that continues his whole life!)

Before Shot
Man, those two teeth are the cutest things ever.



After. 
Such a sweet boy, am I right?!  Man, I love babies.  Can he please stay this little??

Next up, I made 2 cakes for the Cub Scout cake auction.  I don't consider myself much of a baker, but Pinterest came to the rescue.  These weren't actually too hard.  They are simple round, layered cakes (one was from scratch, the other a box mix).  But it's amazing what a little homemade frosting and oreos or candy will do.   (And an entire day in the kitchen).  I was so happy how they turned out because I've had my fair share of kitchen disasters.   
{Cookies and Creame Oreo Cake recipe here.}

The cake auction was a huge success and they earned more than they needed for all the boys to attend cub scout day camp in the fall. It was such a fun night!



We met up with my sister  (and my parents in town visiting) during spring break (on the one sunny day of the week!) at the Auburn park.  I love this park...there are so many unique toys to play on.  The kids loved this swing.  That Brynnie is so sweet.  (And another random friend in the back that joined in). 





2 comments:

Jen I 7:28 AM  

Oh my gosh - those cakes are perfect!!! I could totally do that candy one. I'll definitely have to pin them. Love that they look so good - and so desirable to children! And don't look like you have to spend hours on it! (Maybe). Do you have that pinned specifically on pinterest? I don't see it on your board.

Kris and Cath 7:41 AM  

This looks like a blast! Love that you have your kids so close so they can grown up being bff cousins! It's the best:)

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes