Thursday, June 21, 2012

{Ballet Recital}

We have had so much going on the last couple weeks as the school year came to close. Our schedule has been stretched pretty thin with award assemblies, classroom field trips and parties, final homework assignments, etc.  All this activity means a lot of pictures to post up. 

First up was Addy's dance recital.  She had a wonderful, young ballet teacher who really focused on specific skills this year and it made such a difference!  It was less "dancing princesses" and more "always stand in first position" and "point those toes straighter".  More across the floor one at a time work with individual correction and suggestions. She really improved this year, and she was sweet as can be in her recital.  Those dimples and her toothless smile just melt my heart. 



We carpooled with Chanel with year and it worked out great. Chanel has a brother just about Rylan's age, so the non-car pooler kept the boys at home and everyone was happier all around! As the kids get more activities, car pools are a must!

In the dressing room ready to go on stage!

She was in a blue costume for the third year in a row, but I have to say... it looks fabulous on stage!



Flowers from Dad.


 I debated on taking Rylan, but I'm glad we did because he actually really enjoyed it. He was so excited when Addy got on stage!  It was a good thing she was in the first half, because Ry fell asleep under his chair for the second half. Thank you to our friends for watching Miles for us back home!


A beautiful dancer with another recital wrapped up! She did great!

3 comments:

Pegster 7:49 AM  

She is GORGEOUS. And, how adorable! I remember doing ballet when I was her age... wow! Keep it up Addy!

Catherine Willenbrecht 7:51 AM  

That last comment was ME, Cath! My computer was logged into my mom's email.. oops!

Tyler 3:23 PM  

Amazing pictures! Addy looks so cute! I wish I could have been there!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes