Thursday, June 07, 2012

{May Ramblings}

A playset has been on the "to buy" list since we moved into the house a year ago.  We finally bit the bullet this spring and Trevor spent the better part of two weekends putting together the massive playground.  It doesn't look huge, but the hardware alone was about 500 pieces!  He logged about 18 hours on it and did the entire thing by himself (with some 'help' from the kids). They couldn't be happier to have their very own playground.  I love that it keeps them safe and contained and happy in the back yard.  A little piece of kid heaven right at home. 


This little girl lost her two front teeth in the same day.  They were both hanging on by a thread and once one came out the other practically fell out too.  She also lost one on the bottom 2 weeks later.  A little tough eating right now!

The Tooth Fairy left a teeny tiny note along with some coins and bills (less than $5, which remarkably, is extremely cheap compared to what the tooth fairy leaves her friends for their teeth).  Anyhow, she was elated. The tooth fairy is trying to create memories rather than fund the candy addiction. Pretty smart I think (Thank you, Pinterest)





{And the rest of the photos, below, are from my Instagram stream (in case you aren't on Instagram, in which case you should be...I love it and you will too.  But for sake of including in the printed blog and to share with you non-instagram folk, I've included here too}.

Rylan managed to sit through an entire dentist visit without crying.  The very patient hygienist was so kind to do the cleaning while he was sitting up because he felt 'safer'.   

These kidlets spoiled me rotten on Mother's day.  And the weather was fabulous to boot. 

 New shoes and a new anti-gravity chair to soak up the rays and relax on a daily basis (as if). 

After Trev and I did a major overhaul on the deck (cleaning, pressure washing, sanding, and painting the entire thing), I was able to get my pots planted...all 19 of them around my yard.  It seems like such a big effort to gear up for, but the finished product is so worth it! 


I had my Grandmother's piano re-keyed.  All the keys were chipped and yellowed (that's what happens on an 80 year old piano!).  The keys look sparkling new and I love it!

We celebrated Trev's birthday a few days early because we were leaving on a road trip on his birthday. 

On the road trip, we made him open one present each hour of the drive.  New shades were in the line up. 

And finally, the weather was fabulous in April & May.  I think we ate Sunday dinner out on the deck 4 weeks in a row starting with Easter.  We loved our Sunday walks and time outside in the beautiful spring weather (which we are missing like crazy in the Seattle June gloom). 



1 comments:

Tyler 6:16 AM  

Great Pictures and update! Miss you guys!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes