Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Memorial Day Road Trip}

My mom planned a little reunion with our long-time family friends: The Goodwins.  We met up in Boise, about half way for everyone over Memorial Day.  We couldn't round up the entire group due to distance and other scheduling conflicts, but we had 3 Dalley siblings represented and 2 Goodwin siblings.  Plus the parentals who have been BFFs for a long, long time. 

We were so excited to get away for a few days.  It was a hectic spring with work at the clinic and the extra long weekend provided some much needed family time and fun! 

Of course, the weather ended up being well below average. The rain actually followed us to Boise along with cooler temps. Saturday we got rained on as we walked around the BSU stadium. 


But the weather didn't stop these kids from living in the pool for 3 days.  It was nice and well-heated for an outdoor pool, thankfully!



So fun to have Aunt Erin with us! 



Ry having fun on Grandpa's iPad.
{Instagram}


Pretty exhausted at night...they had no problem falling asleep
{Instagram}

On Sunday we headed to sacrament meeting at a local ward and then stopped by the Boise temple (currently being renovated). 

We ate good food (Cafe Rio 2 times!) all weekend.  I love this pic of my mom and Rylan playing checkers outside Cracker Barrel. 



Our hotel was right next to the riverfront park.  We enjoyed a nice walk on Sunday evening. It was such a nice park...and went on for miles! 

 
Can't resist this sweet face!

Addy with Mary.  The kids love her!

And Thomas was a huge (HUGE!) help with the kiddos. He played in the pool for hours with these little tykes...coming up with games and activities and spoiling them with all kinds of attention and video game knowledge. SUCH a good kid! 


 Me, Becca, Mom, Peggy, Erin (oops...missing Mary!)


Didn't take long before Carson was soaked playing in the fountain.
 
 The whole group!

And a shot with all the ladies.


My parents sold their house the day before the trip.  They had planned to divide up some of their furniture to give to the kids this summer. But since we were meeting them halfway for this trip and they just accepted an offer, they scrambled and AMAZINGLY got everything together and pulled two uhaul trailers up from SLC to Boise. We hauled one to Seattle and the Goodwins hauled one to Vancouver. Between the two (completely jammed) trailers, we got all the furniture intended for those of us up here in Seattle and Vancouver.  It was huge effort on the part of my parents, not to mention giving us really cool stuff! I'm so glad it worked out, and we don't have to worry about how to get anything up here this summer.
{Instagram} 

On the way back home we stopped in Nampa to visit Trevor's grandparents for a couple hours.  They treated us so well and just doted on the kids the entire time.  We really miss them and were so glad to sneak in a visit!  Pictures with your great-grandparents is a pretty cool thing!

Thanks to my mom for organizing such a fun trip and spoiling us all weekend!  The Goodwins are like family so we were all right at home, laughing and talking, talking, talking the entire time.  It went by too quickly...we'll be ready for next year!

1 comments:

Kris and Cath 11:19 AM  

Love this and wish I were there! Great photos:)

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes