Monday, September 03, 2012

{Pine Valley 2012 - Part 4, Wrap up!}

Okay, final post of our 2.5 week trip to Utah this summer. 
 
We got to attend church twice in the historic chapel in town (which is now my parent's official home ward).  It is so unique and charming. 
 
Ry and Graham running to get to the stairs first!
 After the service.  The classic shot on the stairs.
 So fun to have Aunt Erin with us for one weekend!
 Couldn't get everyone together for a huge group shot, so we did the parentals and kids (we missed you Bryce!)
 And then a shot of all the grandkids (missing Bryce and Beck's kids).  Could be the best picture of grandkids of all time.  They are all looking and all happy.  A miracle right there.
 
The big July 24th Pioneer Day celebration is also held on the church grounds.  Trevor had to head back to work the second week, and my brother-in-laws did the same thing. But the moms and kids, extended family, and my parents who were in charge of the kid games this year....we all had a blast. 
 
 
 
 Carson pulled the kids around in the wagon during the more reverent part of the program.  It kept them happy and entertained (until the wagon tipped over!).  He's such a good older cousin to the kidlets. 
 
Let the races begin.  Each age has their own foot race.  1 year olds up first.  Miles wasn't quite sure what was going on.  Carson and my cousin, Jessica, helped him at the start line. 
 At least he wasn't crying like the kid next to him. Ha!
 The 3 year olds. Brynn, Rylan, Graham.
 
 They couldn't break into their cracker jacks fast enough.  The traditional treat since I was a girl running these same races. 
 
 Addy and Carson both dominated :)
 
After the races a few other games for the kiddos.  Here are Ry and Brynn trying to chew up their gum and blow a bubble first.  (They have no idea how to blow a bubble, btw). 
 The water balloon toss always finishes it up. 
 
It was fun day but marked the close of our trip.  Two days later I started the journey home...on my own with the kids.  All 17 hours!  I decided to caravan with my sister, Camille who was driving back to SLC with my dad for her flight to Chicago.  It was fun to have company on the road for the first little bit.
 
We stopped at BYU to walk around campus and to give me yet another opportunity to tell my kids how amazing college is and how awesome BYU is....(the not-so-subtle hints are actually working for now).
 
 
Future BYU roommates in front of the law school. 
 And then I met up with Charise in Boise who had already spent some time in SLC prior.  We spent the night at Trevor's aunt's house (she was so awesome) and did the Boise to Seattle leg together.  It was so nice to have someone on the road with me.  And I did it.  17 hours over 2 days.  I was dreading it, but totally geared up, and it was fine. The kids were good and no major problems. 
 
Whew!  It's hard to come home after a trip like that....the piles of mail and 'to-do' lists almost put you in a major post-vacation depression.  But, I wouldn't have it any other way! Love to travel in the summer!! And there is a lot more ahead from a crazy-busy August!
 

2 comments:

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J 9:55 PM  

You are a brave girl to drive so far with so many kids! You're my hero!! Such great pics from PV - I'm so sad we missed out, but I'm getting pumped about October!

Jen I 6:36 PM  

Wow. After looking at all your pictures and your super fun trip - I WANT TO MOVE THERE! I love that your parents live there. It looks so charming, porch swing and all! I remember visiting that church when I was little. How neat.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes