Monday, October 22, 2012

{60th Birthday Surprise}

Trevor's sister, Mindy, had cooked up an awesome surprise for their mom for her 60th birthday this fall.  Mindy did a wonderful job planning, organizing, and pulling together all the details for a fun weekend that included a surprise lunch with 3 of her kids and a few grandkids (missed you Todd and Tyler!) and then a bigger, extended family and friends party in the evening. 
Operation surprise was hush, hush for everyone....but we aren't quite sure if we completely had her fooled, but it was fun, none the less!
 
 
{Yah, Rylan was having potty issues in that picture.  Could've photoshopped it out, but decided against it. Typical Rylan....thinking no one will notice!}
 
Mindy organized a group gift that included a newly framed family picture of each family.  What a good looking posterity!
 We had oodles and oodles of food that was so delish!  The big party was so well attended.  Many of her neighbors, church friends, nieces, nephews, siblings, etc. made great sacrifices to attend. It was fun to meet new people and visit with some family we haven't seen in awhile.  We all had a great time.
 
 
Of course, we made a little stop at Gonzaga to take a few pictures.  Trevor has a sweet spot for Gonzaga basketball.
 
 
And it was so very awesome to spend some time with our little nephew, Kai. Rylan just adores him! 
 
It was a quick weekend away, but always a good time getting together with family...and for such a fun cause this time too!

3 comments:

Kris and Cath 7:58 AM  

Very fun! I love family time and I am a big supporter of cousin time:)

Tyler 7:45 AM  

Awesome pictures! I wish I could have been there!

Anonymous 3:28 AM  

Hello! I'm trying to reach Mindy! She taught my son Cody while she was on a mission in Texas. Well he's getting babtized in a couple of weeks and would like to talk to her. He came across a letter she had witten to him and would like to thank her. Anyway my email addres is diawright1@hotmail.com.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes