Monday, November 12, 2012

{Pumpkin Patch _ Maris Farms }

I know, I know. You are in full Thanksgiving mode and you are so over Halloween.  Me too.  I hate posting seasonal pictures once the season has passed by.  But, I'm afraid I am terribly behind on this here little blog.   I won't get to actual Halloween until who knows when.  I'm a stickler for chronological order.  And it was a great picture taking day at the pumpkin patch, so I'm dumping a bunch on you. 
 
We only had one weekend in October to go to the pumpkin patch...it was just a crazy month being out of town for two of the weekends.  I was eyeing the forecast for our opportune day, and it was a 70% chance of rain for Friday and Saturday. Translation=the pumpkin patch would be a complete mud pit.  Miles is just hard to take anywhere, and the thought of a muddy pumpkin patch, while carrying umbrellas, with 4 kids just takes the fun out of it. 
 
The middle of the week looked great. Sunny and just a tad cool.  The kids have a half day every Wednesday, which I usually curse, but actually made the timing perfect that day.  I had to do the trip sans husband, but it worked out amazingly.  The kids were great.  Even Miles was minimal effort, and that's really saying something!  Because it had been dry for a week or so, the stroller was easily maneuvered and everyone stayed mud free, happy, and warm. 
 
And the major bonus of heading out during the day, mid-week, in the middle of October...the place was deserted.  I love this pumpkin patch because it is paid entry.  It's cheaper than a movie and includes hours of fun.  And it keeps the crowds on the smaller side. And on that day, there were more workers than guests.  It was like the place was all open just for us.  Major score all around. 
 
A slew of pictures coming at ya.
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are so many activities for the kids to do.  Rylan loved feeding the goats. 
 
Playing in the corn room.
 
Duck races.
 
 
 
The cutest little tracker, cow ride.
 
 
 
A huge, jumping 'pillow'. 
 
 Pedal carts and track.
 
 
Tube slides.
 
 Miles loved all the animals...especially the cutest little piglets and kittens. 
 
 
For the first time ever, we didn't actually pick out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.  I couldn't manage that by myself.  And in the end, the pumpkins from Wal-mart at half the price worked out just fine and no one seemed to really care! 

Fantastic day with the kidlets and mom at the pumpkin patch!
 
 
 

3 comments:

the Holyoaks 3:04 PM  

You are so brave to do the pumpkin patch without your husband! But I love all of the pictures. That looks like a really great farm to go to and I'm so glad everything worked out so well!

Kris and Cath 7:58 AM  

Isn't Fall the best time! I love these photos! They look like they are having a blast!

Camille 2:19 PM  

What great pics! I never get any cute ones of my kids! That place looks awesome...so many things to do, and the fact that it was deserted makes it all the better! You are brave to do that sans Trevor--but you're wonder mom so I guess it's not too surprising! Glad you opted for cheap pumpkins this year...def the way to go!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes