Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Family Pictures 2012}

I realized I never posted our family pictures from this past September.  I was so happy with how they turned out, so they must be officially documented! When our former family photographer started shooting exclusively weddings, I was nervous about finding someone new. We didn't have professional family pictures taken in 2011, so it was definitely time to update the pictures on the wall.  I was so grateful when my good friend recommended her friend, Andrea Pasion. She has a crew of kids of her own and has scaled back her business to meet the demands of family life, but I was thrilled when she was willing to do our family pictures on a beautiful September day. 

I love getting them done early. September in the PNW offers you the best chance of weather and color.  And I always hate the rush at the end of the year to get pictures done anyway...so getting them done in the fall always makes getting that Christmas card done so much easier.

It really is an exhausting job to figure out coordinating, yet not matching, family outfits.  It's always the hardest part. And I left my clothes to the end and wasn't too happy with what I had to wear (doing the reverse next year!), but in the end you couldn't even really see what I'm wearing, so it was all for not.  

This picture below is my favorite family picture ever. I love it!  I had it printed on canvas for our family room.  I love how it captures our family, my kids' personalities, and our real love for one another.  It was a real shot, not posed, not planned.  Those are always the best ones.  

Rylan and Miles were both pretty difficult the entire time, so I consider it a miracle that I got this shot of all 4 kids.  

And a few of Trevor and I are always good for the soul and our marriage.   


Thank you thank you thank you to Andrea for making these pictures happen. I am a big believer on saving and budgeting for good photography.  These are priceless to me, and I'm so grateful!!

And our Christmas card for 2012.




3 comments:

rick and cheryl 11:34 AM  

They turned out beautifully.

Marissa 9:39 PM  

I'm obsessed with Rylan! His eyebrow in that group shot of the kids is priceless! The kid melts my heart.

SuburbiaMom 11:51 AM  

Just lovely!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes