Tuesday, November 27, 2012

{Soccer 2012}

 
I'll keep plugging away at my blog pretending I am not so far behind....
 
 
Ok, soccer 2012.  It's always something the kids get really pumped up for at first and then it fizzles out as the weather turns colder and the season drags on. This year, the club scheduling system was completely messed up, so half of the September games got cancelled and moved to the end of the season.  Carson's last game wasn't until the second weekend in December.  Ugh. That was torture.
 
Carson had one of his best friends on the team this year which helped tremendously with carpools.  And thankfully both Carson and Addy practiced (two times a week!) on the same days at slightly different times (and different locations!). But I could drop off Carson, scream over to Addy's practice, stay at her practice and leave just as it ended and race back to get Carson.  I was grateful that most nights Trevor met Carson at practice to do the drive home with him. 
 
Carson still calls soccer his favorite sport.  He had new coaches this year, which was hard. He's in the middle of the pack in skill level. Which is a good place to be. He really improved this season.  And is already talking about doing some soccer camps this summer.  The team struggled though.  Winning just 2 games.  But the boys had a great time and didn't seem to mind one bit. 
 They are big time this year with uniforms with their names on it (translation = more $$!)

 
 
 
He scored his first (and only) goal of the season on the last game in December.  I totally cried.  It was so great for his confidence. We were all super pumped for him! 
 
 
Addy loves the social aspect of the sport the most (and the treats).  She instantly bonds with the girls and loved both practices and games. She's had the same coach for a few years, so that really helps with the consistency.  The team dominates the league too.  They are undefeated 2 years in a row. 
 
 
 
 
 

We missed team pictures this year when we were out of town in September.  But I didn't really mind. We have loads and loads of soccer pictures over the years.  It was a fun season for both of them!
 

 Rylan was too young (next year!).  And Miles always had to have his own ball at practices and games. He'll chase the ball around while running (and accidentally kicking it) and dribble the ball right down the field all on his own.  A few more years for this guy! 
 

1 comments:

Kris and Cath 7:45 AM  

Keep blogging away, none of us know that you are behind! This brings me back to days with Erin and I on the field.SO MUCH FUN

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes