Thursday, November 29, 2012

{Wicked}

My awesome friend, Vivian, organized a huge group section of tickets to Wicked when it was playing in Seattle in November.  We intended on an adults-only outing on a Friday night, but when we discovered the weekday matinee prices were about 2/3 the cost, we jumped at that and decided to include the kids too!
 
I've been trying to make a conscious effort to do things with Carson and Addy without the little boys.  I love doing things all together as a family.  But the demands of a 4 year old and baby often take over, and the big kids must take a back seat to what is going on.  So it is nice to take them out on their own once in awhile. It also gives me hope for the future in actually doing these things again as a big family.  I often feel like we will be in the baby stage forever!  But the kids really do grow up, can sit through movies, can be polite at restaurants, and enjoy Broadway musicals!
 
 
 
We had such a good time!  Trevor and I saw it a few years ago, so I knew the kids would love it and be able to easily follow it.  Some of the kids got scared, but not my troopers.  We downloaded the soundtrack as soon as we got home.  And the kids love the music (especially the song "Popular").  So glad we were able to take them and give them a little cultural experience.  My parents were great about that....it's a good thing!
 
A few of the moms got together and ordered these cute tulle skirts for the girlies.  I wish I had a picture of them together. They looked so cute! 
 
 
There was a huge group of about 30 of us and it was such a blast! Grateful to be included with such a wonderful group of friends that enjoy getting our kids out for outings and adventures and musicals!! 
 
We ended the night at Cheesecake factory...yum, yum!
 
 

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes