Thursday, March 14, 2013

{Rylan's Instagram Feed}

So it's no secret that I love Instagram, but sometimes the real picture gems don't make it onto the blog because they aren't pictures from an event or holiday documented with big camera.  But I've been collecting some real great ones of Rylan over the last 6 months.  

The kid is just genuinely happy.  He loves everyone.  And everything is his  "favorite thing in the whole world".  Case in point.  These texts from his preschool teacher (in gray; my comment in blue):


Or better yet, when I got a text from his teacher saying:
"Rylan just did an impromptu dance while singing "oh sexy lady, gangnam style" for the class...Soooo wish I could've got it on video! LOL"  

Yah.  That's Rylan.  

He still is my toughest sleeper.  He just hates going to bed in fear he is missing out on something/anything going on.  So he fights it.  But all that energy he dispenses being so happy just can't last forever. He's notorious for a 6pm 'nap'.  

And so we have the adventures of Rylan's napping:


In the car, anytime after 2pm.  Even when we pick up Grandma from the airport.  

On the stairs in timeout.

On top of the bar stools. Just too far to get to the couch after eating a snack.  

Hiding in the living room on the far side of the couch...and then falling asleep causing a frantic search for him everywhere (inside and outside) until I finally found him here. Didn't even budge when I was yelling his name.

 
Always got side kick, Woody, tucked in with him.  


During a haircut.

And my personal favorite.  Right here on the potty.  Totally asleep. Drool running down his legs.  

He is just relentless about sleep and then just can't keep it up a second longer and totally crashes.  And of course, in all scenarios, these 'naps' mean he is wide awake until 11pm.  But it is pretty much impossible to keep him up all day so he will actually fall asleep at a decent hour.  Carson napped until 1st Grade, but he still went to bed at night.  I just don't know what to do with Ry!

He totally makes up for it by being such a joy right now. 
I find dozens of pictures like this one my phone.  Sometimes 200 in one setting that I have to delete, but I save a few of the goodies. I think it's his way at saying 'hi' to me when I'm on my phone.  


And one last one from a couple weeks ago.
In my high heel boots playing 'cowboy' with Miles (apparently pants aren't required).  

I just love his personality and age right now.  
As Miles gets harder and harder, I remember myself saying the same things about Ry:  "He's just such a hard baby", "He's an impossible toddler", "I can't reason with him at all", "I can't take him anywhere".  And then all the sudden he becomes a little boy.  And it gets easier.  But with the same slobbery kisses, hugs, 'i love you' signs, and kisses blown across the room.  
Such a fun age.   

Love you RyRy.  Stay my little boy forever.  
Even if you won't ever go to sleep at night.  

3 comments:

Our family 6:17 AM  

oh man, those last two sleeping pictures had me laughing out loud. He's such a cutie!

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J 8:23 AM  

He is hilarious!! You're right - such a great age!!

Reese 8:57 AM  

Love that boy!!! Cracks me up all the time. Great documentation and that toilet picture is just amazing.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes