Wednesday, March 20, 2013

{March 2013 Happenings}

If you follow my instagram feed, most of these are duplicates! I'm using my iPhone more and more for daily snapshots and it's just so easy to post straight to instagram right after taking the photos.  I'm trying to find a way to merge this little blog with all those pictures.  The problem is, the blog is the family journal, so I can't make the switch completely.  And I do love pulling out my Canon for important pictures...and those must go in the blog documentation.  But, I'm feeling like blogs are fleeting, no? Some of my friends and family who were once devoted blog posters, have left in favor of facebook and instagram.  Sad because I miss their written words (but thankfully still enjoy their pictures!).  I have very few left in my Google Reader that post regularly (and Google Reader is going away too...sheesh! What am I going to do?!).  I can't keep up with all the technology changes.  
One thing I do know is I'm crazy about documenting our chaotic and busy life with pictures.  And for now, the easiest way is for me to include all the pictures here. Even if that means duplicates over on instagram.  Anyone else have other ideas?

These sweet boys jump into my bed in the mornings.  The light was pouring in the windows one day, and I got these cute pictures. I'm going to miss it when no one wants to jump in my bed anymore.  

My 30-something birthday was in March. Hooray, another birthday??!  Trevor and Carson were out of town (more on that later!) so Trevor arranged  for these sweet friends to come take me to dinner. The hubster arranged the babysitter and everything!  We had the best time shopping and eating out for hours and talking talking talking. A little girlfriend fun is so good for the soul.    

The next day, this crew joined me shopping at some of my favorite home stores (Home Goods! and IKEA).  They treated me to a yummy lunch and we had a blast all afternoon.  Again, feeling so blessed with sweet friends in my life right now! I love these ladies!

And then on Sunday (my actual birthday), this cake showed up from a dear friend (again arranged all by Trevor) early in the morning.  The kids had wrapped gifts and presents ready and waiting for me. They were so sweet!  I celebrated all weekend and felt treated by so many, not the least of which, my sweet husband who pulled out all kinds of surprises to make sure it was a fun weekend despite being out of town.  He's a keeper.

Carson went on his first overnight scout camp-out. Once you turn 11, you can go on over-nighters.  Of course Trevor joined in with him for some dad-son camping fun.  So grateful to have a husband that doesn't want to miss a minute of these milestones with his boy (even if it means sleeping on a foam pad in the drizzly, cold weather). They went 3 miles away to the Stake Center meadow (big time campers! ha!).  They had a blast and it didn't rain on them (miracle).  The boys were up until 1:30 am and up again at 5am.  Carson has an awesome scout leader and they passed off a bunch of scouting requirements before they headed home on Saturday completely exhausted.
The little kids were feeling slighted, so we set up our own tents in the bonus room.  They watched movies and slept in here and thought it was the best thing ever.

Ry had a preschool field trip to a 'Bill's Fishing Hole' in Orting.  It was a charming little farm and fish hatchery.  Ry was over the moon about catching his own fish (which takes less than 15 seconds to hook)!


Don't let this sweet face fool you. I was chasing Miles around everywhere. But he loved the field trip too!


 We love Ms. Cindy! We cooked up that fish that night...even if only 3 of us will eat it (Trevor, Carson, and I).

Rylan took his preschool scissors to his hair.  You know those scissors that barely even cut paper? Yah, well he managed to cut a huge chunk right off the top and front.  I took the clippers down to a 4 on top before I just conceded.  You can still tell, but I'm waiting for it to grow out before evening it out.  I love my boys with longer-ish hair. Buzz cuts look so military and less little boy to me. I'm not a fan.  But, I have to admit it is growing on me some. That's after I bought out Children's Place of all their hats. 

I still have a post on St. Patrick's Day and Easter coming up (man, March was crammed full of stuff!) and also all the pictures from Trevor and Carson's trip to Las Vegas.  But checking these 'daily-life' pictures off the list!

2 comments:

the Holyoaks 12:06 PM  

I love your blog! Keep posting! I gave up on trying to keep up with technology. It changes so fast and I feel ancient at "thirty-something." I'm with you about the blog being our family journal. I love it for that.

Anyway, I love Rylan's hair! He looks so cute. How is it that those safety scissors can cut hair when they can't cut anything else? It's a mystery!

Oh, and happy birthday!

Camille 9:38 PM  

Yay for blog catch up! I'm with ya, people are blogging less and less. I'm trying to keep up with it (aka our family history!!) Sounds like an awesome birthday and Trev totally pulled through! Looking forward to more posts (now that tax day has come and gone!!)

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes