Thursday, March 21, 2013

{St. Patrick's Day}

St. Patrick's Day totally caught me off guard...I was thinking I had one more day when we were out with some friends on Saturday night. When we both realized it was the very next day, we ended our date night together at the grocery store buying up chocolate gold coins and anything green we could find. It was a really fun challenge actually! We had to hit two stores to find the rainbow twizzlers...a must!

I usually don't make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day.  Trevor usually makes green pancakes, you put on a green shirt and call it good.  Carson's kindergarten teacher used to make a big deal of a leprechaun making a mess out of the classroom during the night.  So we've done some of that at home.  Tipping over chairs, turning picture frames upside down. Oh man, the kids eat that up....that naughty leprechaun!

Sometimes the leprechaun has a little scavenger hunt for the kids, other years not.  Depends on how much time I have.  Luckily, I found one here that you just print off! Easy peasy! And then my friend sent me a link to some free printables, found here.  Instant St. Patty's party!   

Here's the stash of goodies!

The kids loved the little scavenger hunt.
 And it didn't take them too long to find the treasure! 
 Miles was popping rolos with the wrappers still on them.  


After church we opted for rainbow pancakes. So fun! You have to use a ton of food coloring (I have the Wilton gel food coloring), but it actually was pretty easy (other than making for a lot of dishes!).  And let's just say Miles' diaper was, uh...very colorful the next day!



I was surprised how much green garb I had....almost all from Miles' Hungry Caterpillar Party last year...now doing double duty for St. Patrick's Day!  

Ry was running a temperature that day so we tag teamed for church. Ry helped me set up the 'green' table.  The kids just lit up when they got home :))


It seems like a lot, but it's just stuff I had in closets and drawers. Might as well use all that party garb!  It was nice to have it on a weekend and be able to have fun with it.  Love celebrating holidays with my kiddos!


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes