Wednesday, March 20, 2013

{Trevor & Carson: Las Vegas: West Coast Conference Basketball Tournament}


The big trip was finally here!  Remember, back here, when we surprised Carson with a special trip with his dad for his birthday?  Oh man, these guys had the best time! 
I love when we do things all together as a family.  But there is something just so sweet being one on one with your kids.  The dozens of picture texts I got from these two just warmed my heart.  I am so, so glad they got this bonding time.  These two are really close.  Trevor has really crafted a sweet relationship with Carson.  It's a lot of late night chatting, playing basketball or running a couple miles, a lot of listening.  These years are the best for dad/son.  And to step out of real life for a week and go on vacation together was just awesome for both of them!


The arrived late on Wednesday night.  They were joined by one of Carson's good friends and his dad.  As well as another dad/son combo from our ward.  Such a good group!  It totally made the trip to have a friend along too.  


The main event was the West Coast Conference basketball tournament.  Trevor & Carson were in heaven being able to watch both BYU and Gonzaga play!  There were a few games everyday...that's a lot of basketball!!

My dad met them in Vegas too! How awesome to get Grandpa all to yourself??!  



Sadly, they only got to see one BYU game.  They lost at the buzzer!!  The boys really got into the games and the action.  

During the day they played around in Vegas. Checking out a different buffet each night and hitting all the 'kid' entertainment (a little difficult in Vegas!).  And did a lot of eating (I think they hit Cafe Rio at least 3 times).




 Since there were no games on Sunday, they decided to take the group to Pine Valley on Saturday night for a day and a half.  They got in super early on Sunday morning, but the whole crew managed church in the am!
Thank you to my mom for hosting the group! Everyone just loved it!!




The boys loved hanging out in the big house on their own with the adults.  They ate my mom's entire candy stash.  Played in the hot tub.  Played video games, watched movies. I told my mom they are never going to want to come home!


The went sledding over by my grandparent's home.   And had a big father/son snowball fight!


Hiding out in the loft with the movie seats and all the treats!

My mom helped them ride the ATVs around while the dads went golfing.  

Monday came quickly and they headed back to Vegas for the championship game, but not before stopping in St. George to say hello to my grandparents! Grandpa Snow looking so much better!

Gonzaga won the conference (no surprise there...too bad they didn't get too far in the NCAA tournament!).  As they were wrapping up their last night at the Luxor buffet....the entire Gonzaga team walked by!  They had won the championship just hours before...  
The team was so awesome to stop and take pictures.  Look how tall Kelly Olynyk is?? (Trevor is 6'1").  





The boys were on cloud nine seeing all those players!  


Oh such a fun trip! I hope Carson remembers it forever! Although he now thinks this will be an annual getaway with his dad!! And even though planning/scheduling is always tough, I'm so glad we were able to make this happen.

3 comments:

Tim and Lisa 6:40 PM  

How fun! I remember seeing Trevor before and after and he was really on CLOUD 9 about seeing the players walk in. I don't think I will ever forget how excited he was when he was telling me that!

Kris and Cath 7:06 PM  

Ok this boy is growing up too fast! How cool the photos with the basketball players! BOYS DREAM!

Nhylaj Joseph 2:40 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes