Sunday, April 14, 2013

{Easter Sunday 2013}

For several years the Easter Bunny leaves yarn trails from your bed to your Easter basket.  He really stepped up his game this year and made it a pretty good maze for the big kids.  

 Aww... the joy in a chocolate bunny, some books, a movie and new mechanical toothbrushes all around.  

Miles was only interested in the little plastic eggs scattered about and wasted no time getting access to as many as possible.  

Having 11:30 church made the morning relaxing and enjoyable.  I was able to prep most of dinner and even read the paper in the sun on the deck.  Yes, we had amazing weather on Easter Sunday...the best! The heavens shining down on us for sure.

I warned the kids ahead of time that Easter was a picture day...they were all good sports about it.  All the time coordinating Easter outfits and the primping and dressing up the morning of...you can't let it go by without some photos to capture these sweet faces.  
The group shot...always the toughest...and manged a keeper out of the 50 or so that I took!


 Aww...she's pretty in pink!  Picked this dress out all on her own.  

 Sweetest little 4 year old who will pose and smile for the camera now.  Such amazing progress!  
 My handsome 11 year old.  Seriously, he is so grown up and still adorable.


And the one that never sits still.  But looking freaking adorable in his hat and bow tie. Love him.  

The girls.
 And the boys!  

And the parentals!  


I always love Easter Sunday at church... the music, the talks about the Savior, the spirit touching your heart.  I am so grateful for a day that we can reflect on the life and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  We spent some time doing some Easter lessons with the kids and watching a couple awesome videos produced by the church...which my kids were glued to.  I love watching their tiny hearts swell with joy and love for their Savior...especially on Easter Sunday.

I made a coconut cake for dessert and it turned out so pretty that I couldn't pass up a photo.  Seriously, the cake was divine!  


 And dinner on the deck is required when it is over 70 degrees in March! Seriously one of the best weather days ever.  We had a delish meal including honey baked ham.  I took a short nap in the sun and then we ended the day on a family walk.  Absolutely loved, loved this day!  


2 comments:

Tyler 11:07 AM  

Gorgeous pictures. Everyone looks amazing!

Kris and Cath 10:12 PM  

gorgeous fam and gorgeous cake!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes