Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{Leavenworth Trip}

For Valentine's Day, Trevor and his good friend, Josh, planned and plotted and reserved an April weekend getaway for their spouses.  Trevor remembers me saying from a year or more ago that I wanted to go to Leavenworth, WA (pretty awesome that he remembered that, huh?!).  It's a quiet and quaint little German town just over the mountain pass...away from the big city and any box stores. We've always heard good things, and we've never been, so it was a perfect weekend getaway and with great company too!


Thankfully our friends, Josh & Jen, had been several times before so they knew all the good places to visit and eat at.  Oh man, the food! We ate in foodie heaven....crepes, gelato, ice cream, cupcakes, caramel apples, yummmm.  It was so hard to decide where to eat. Too many awesome choices.  

It didn't matter where we were though...it was nice to get away for a weekend sans kiddos.  You know, eat when you want, no carting around diapers and wet wipes, going to impromptu movies, ahhh...just heaven for a few days. Grateful to Trevor's mom for watching the kids so we could get away!! The kids were in grandma heaven!


  We did a lot of window shopping.  



And took a carriage ride one evening.  

We had too much fun in the hat shop.



We drove along the river and found a scenic place to stop and take some pictures. It was so green and beautiful!!



Trevor and Josh were laughing the entire trip....not sure what was so funny right here...probably quoting movie lines or YouTube videos.

 We found a bridge that was the start of a trail.  A few people coming out said there was a cool cave up about a mile, so we decided to hike...flips flops and white pants and all.  We definitely were not fitting in with the locals in their high-top hiking boots and walking sticks, but we managed a scenic 3 mile hike in style. Even though we never found the cool cave.  


We hit mini golf in the sun and a late night run to Wenatchee to catch a movie, which ended up being quite a trek due to Siri leading us up mountain to no where.  Seriously.  We were laughing so hard I could hardly catch my breath.  


It was a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend away...much needed for both of us. The crazy fast paced life at home with 4 kids doesn't allow for much R&R...you have to carve out time for that.  So glad for a little Valentine's Day surprise!  Greatest gift, thanks babe!


2 comments:

the Holyoaks 10:50 PM  

What an awesome trip! Moms and dads need some time away from the kids so that we can appreciate the time we have with them. Leavenworth is such an adorable little town! I love it!

Accidental Bavarian 9:00 PM  

Leavenworth is our favorite place to visit. We like it so much we created a website to help other tourists find things there.

We have reviews and our favorite things and every business in town. We also have all the events happening.

Before your next trip, visit us at http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com to see what is happening

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes