Friday, May 17, 2013

{Miles 2nd Birthday: Goldfish Party}

Oh little kid party themes are the best!!  What's more perfect for a snack-loving two year old but a party based on one of his faves: goldfish crackers!  Pull in some blue and some orange colors and a fun trip to Hobby Lobby, and it turned out so cute and fun!  




A Goldfish Party!


Of course we had a lot of toddler-loving fish snacks! Who knew that you can by goldfish crackers in chocolate and pretzel flavors?!  Sugar cookies, fruit, fishy candy melts, and my personal favorite...jello fish bowls!! (hello, dollar store!)  It's just blueberry jello with red swedish fish added right before serving.  Perfect personal fish bowl treat!  

Out little guest of honor who totally understood it was HIS party this year! He's just a little bit excited!


Cake was a box mix and my favorite (and forgiving) fluffy white frosting. Easy peasy.

Sneaking snacks while I was trying to take his picture. When you are the birthday boy you can do that.   

 Loved the orange fabric I found at Joann's for a quick square table cloth.  And scrapbook paper and layered plates from Hobby Lobby (My new favorite store.  Love.)  

Addy helped me make these cute orange fish snacks for each place setting.  Healthy and cute!  (Those are candy eyeballs that you can buy in all sizes now...so fun!).  


And the kids are always over the moon about soda in glass bottles.  A major hit and rare treat!

 And the time intensive party prep item was the fishy drawstring favor bags.  After some help from my mom and a few YouTube videos...I just love how they turned out, and they were so worth the effort! The kids stashed all their party favor goods in here during the party.  

 We were so glad that our North Bend cousins could come down for the afternoon and celebrate! It was a gorgeous and warm day in May and the kids could not wait!! No better company than cousins!



We did one little art project. I printed fish bowls onto cardstock and the kids glued various beans for the rock bed at the bottom.  And then I painted their hand for a hand print goldfish.   Turned out adorable.  



 And couldn't have a goldfish party with out a fish pond with fabulous prizes of bubbles, squirt guns, candy, etc.  Thank you to my friend Christie for helping me use her Silhouette to cute out the letters.  Oh man, I really want one of those now!!


The party crew!

And then we played pin the fish on the fish bowl!  


A few presents (these were his favorites...Mickey figurines and a basketball, of course.)  

After a complete outfit change required from being outside in the sprinklers...we almost forgot the cake! So glad we didn't because we sang to him 3 times he loved it so much!


 

Happy 2nd Birthday Miles!!  What a fun time!

3 comments:

Kris and Cath 3:42 PM  

You are incredible! WOW. Looks like fun, with the cousins too!

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J 2:52 PM  

Such a cute party! You should be a party planner! Sad we missed it though!

Tyler 2:57 PM  

Amazing Rochelle! Looks like it was a blast and everything looks so awesome!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes