Tuesday, June 25, 2013

{Alder Lake Camping}


 We love camping in June!  We are so anxious for summer fun, but school is still in session, so the campgrounds aren't full.  We love that we can escape the suburbs for some great camping less than an hour away.  

After a debacle with both propane tanks leaking...a quick fix and we actually made it to the campground in the day light.  And my sister's fam arrived just a short while later.  It's always better to have cousins and family around!  The kids absolutely adore camping.  They squeal and jump up and down as soon as we pull the trailer in the driveway to load it up.   All the packing and food prep is so worth it...they love it!

  



Carson's becoming super helpful and pulled this firewood to our site from down the hill.  






This little one managed to lock himself in the trailer with the keys inside.  Can you tell he was super sad about it?! After coaxing him for 15 min to unlock the door, he just couldn't do it.  Plan B...get into the window.  Plan C, have Addy crawl through the storage department.  Anyhow, we finally got to him, safe and sound.

 The weather was perfect! (always a bit risky in June...).  We played Saturday afternoon on the nice beach area at Alder Lake. 







We walked up to viewpoint area to see the dam.  


We had great food including awesome dutch oven on Saturday night.  




And on Sunday morning, Reese and I cooked up a great breakfast for Father's Day!  

On our way home on Sunday, we stopped in Enumclaw for pizza at the train stop.  
Trev with his kidlets (Ry in a bad mood).  SUCH a good dad.  He loves these littles to pieces.  It was a perfect Father's Day weekend away!  

3 comments:

Kris and Cath 2:30 PM  

I am so happy that you are keeping this tradition alive! How fun!

Our family 2:38 PM  

That looks like the perfect weekend! How fun!

Tyler 7:51 PM  

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes