Wednesday, May 29, 2013

{Perfect Mother/Daughter Date}



Addy and I had an all-day mother daughter date in May.  It was one of the those days I hope to remember forever!  By the very end Addy said..."That was the best day ever!" And it really was!

It started as the Activity Days Mother Daughter Temple trip.  Since I'm a leader (and loving it!), I was part of the planning and prep.  We have an amazing group of girls!  We car pooled up to the temple, walked around the grounds, got to see a bride and groom!, took mother daughter pictures and group pictures, passed out roses for each girl and a special bookmark, walked inside the lobby...and to our surprise (on an extremely busy Saturday), the temple president himself requested all the girls to group up so he could speak to them! Such a blessing as he spoke with such power and testimony in an age appropriate way about the importance of the temple and Lord's desire to see his daughters attend the temple one day and marry in the temple...and it will be the best day ever! It was absolutely perfect.





We took some private time for the moms to present a letter to their daughters before meeting up on the the lawn to eat a picnic lunch...and amazingly in the sunshine.  The weather was really questionable and we were praying hard for it to be dry! Another blessing!



A few moms and daughters decided to make the day of our trip up to the temple, so we changed clothes and headed into downtown Seattle for some fun.  Oh my gosh.  It was the best time!

We toured around Pike Place market and saw the flying fish and got freshly made mini donuts.  We let the girls put gum on the gum wall (they absolutely LOVED this...but it was extremely gross in person I must say!).  They each picked out a fresh bouquet of flowers from the farmers market, and we stopped at the cutest cupcake shop for more treats and ice cream.






Next up was the monorail ride to the space needle.  We wondered around the space needle and played in the fountain. The girls found a stage and put on their own 'show'. 



So blessed to count these women as dear friends! 



Oh they just had the best time...we all did! We headed out of Seattle and hit Spaghetti Factory and ended up back home at 10pm completely exhausted and happy from a day well spent together.  It doesn't happen often, but I do love the one on one time with my kids. Seeing Addison with such dear friends living the gospel makes me so happy!  Feeling so blessed!


1 comments:

Tyler 10:18 PM  

Amazing pictures! Addy is such a sweet girl! It was so nice to see you guys last week!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes