Thursday, July 04, 2013

{4th of July!}

I love being home on the 4th of July!  We had a very busy last half of July planned, so we enjoyed just being home together as a family for the 4th.  The older kids each had a friend sleep over on the night of the 3rd (a big rarity around here...) and were in sleepover heaven.  


We decked out the yard.  

  

And got the kids in some serious patriotic gear.
I just love this crew!  



No local parade (boo!) so we took the top off our jeep and rode around like we were in our own parade.


We went to Red Robin together and miraculously didn't destroy the place or have any screaming children.  Success.  

Our friends, the Carvers, invited us over for BBQ and fireworks that afternoon.  My friend, Jen, knows how to through a major party.  It was all magazine worthy...because it was an official shoot for a professional job she was doing.  I was totally flattered to be able to head over a couple hours early to take all the professional photos of her amazing work. You can see a ton of them here.  All photos by yours truly.  





I just love this kid's enthusiasm!  

And this one too!

After an awesome meal the kids spent about an hour launching and catching the parachute rockets.  So fun.



And then started working on their bikes for our own 4th of July bike parade around the neighborhood. The kids just ate this up.  




Then of course a couple hours of fireworks.  Some of her neighbors spent some serious coin, and we all enjoyed quite a show (for free!) while we did hundreds of sparklers (I still have boxes left over).  



We got home really late, exhausted from all the fun, but riding the high from a wonderful family and friend day.  We are so blessed to live in and celebrate America!




1 comments:

Tyler 7:05 PM  

Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes