Thursday, July 18, 2013

{Annual Road Trip: Pine Valley, Utah}

[Oh my.  I have never been this far behind on this little blog here.  We did SO much the last couple months of summer and here we are in the October and the fall has been filled to the brim with fun (and chaos).  Doing my best to chip away at it and post all the memories.  It's becoming such a 'chore'.  Must. hang. in. there.]

So this year I drove myself and the kiddos down to Utah for our annual Dalley/Snow reunion.  Trevor flew out after a week and helped us drive back.  I split the solo drive into two days.  Stayed in Twin Falls with Trevor's Dad and then it worked out to pick up my mom in SLC before heading to Pine Valley. It was great to have a second driver at that point.  She helped me navigate our annual BYU indoctrination stop at campus.  Always a must-do.  

Pit stop at Shoshone falls in Twin Falls, Idaho. So awesome!  Why haven't we been before?!

 Our first apartment as newlyweds just off BYU campus.  It was on the sketchy side then...and seems to look exactly the same still.  Aww...such memories!  

BYU Campus!


And finally arriving at our destination...my parents beautiful home in Pine Valley, Utah.  Love.  

We don't need any scheduled activities to have fun at Grandma's house.  


 And after a couple of days the cousins arrived!  Nothing better than summer vacation with cousins! We missed the Bryce Dalley crew so much!!!

The two year olds were quite a handful (well, at least MINE was)...but these three are so adorable together!  
 Loved that Aunt Erin could visit for a few days too!
 The guys took all the kids on a fishing/hiking trip one afternoon while the girls escaped for some shopping in St. George.  

We found a new favorite spot: Swig!  Loved their sugar cookies and dirty diet coke.  

 And the stars aligned and my BFF and from high school, Carmen, and her newlywed husband just happened to be vacationing at Zions National Park...and I convinced her to come to Pine Valley for a night!  
 I took her and Clark for a wild (not really) ATV ride at sunset. Gorgeous views, awesome company! What a treat to spend the day with her!  

These boys were in heaven like they are every year. Something about a rural town and dirt roads is just so perfect for growing-up kids.  

Grandma created an awesome scavenger hunt for all the grand kids.  Always such a hit!
 These kiddos love their grandma!

Aunt Erin set up her new tent in the garage to have a sleep over with the kids one night.  They loved it.

And then Carson and my cousin McCormick took over the tent the next night.  So glad he had such a fun friend to hang out with for a few days!

I got to attend church twice at our favorite little chapel right there in town.  
Traditional shot of the fam on the steps.
 These three.  Oh my. So adorable.  

 Loved having the Johnnie and Maddie there with us...We all love the Snow girls and they are always so loving and helpful with all the little kiddos.  


So grateful this year to have THIS picture with my Grandma and Grandpa.  It was exactly a year ago that my grandpa had a stroke (just one day after we arrived for the reunion last year). He spent a long time in a comma, and it has been an excruciating year of recovery.  He still can't walk or use his left hand or leg.  He has a long journey ahead of him.  But we are so blessed to have him with us!  His mind is 100% in tact...and we are grateful to be able to continue to learn and be blessed by his life. 





1 comments:

the Holyoaks 10:48 PM  

I know it's hard sometimes, but keep chipping away! I love the updates!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes