Wednesday, September 04, 2013

{Back to School}


Tradition calls for a Back to School Dinner. We did this on a beautiful Sunday afternoon the week before school started. It's a day to get all the school supplies organized, back packs filled, and a special celebration too.  We do Father's blessings that evening and it all makes for a great start to the school year.  

I've collected some chalk boards this year and put them to good use.  New school supplies make great decor too (and that's a store bought Wal-mart cake. Don't think I was that crazy enough to make it!) Dinner was very simple...and I can't even remember what it was now.  



The school had a Back to School Night as well to meet your teacher and drop off all your school supplies. This was the only pic I had from the night...from Addy's classroom.  We are thrilled with both Addy and Carson's teacher assignments this year. They both got who we were hoping for!

The last couple years I have done special one on one Back to School dates with each of my kids. It's our chance to do some final school clothes and supplies shopping as well as a chance to visit about the upcoming year.  I love it.  And it's a real treat to be out one-one one with a parent in our crazy household.  







The big day finally arrived just after Labor Day.  

It's this kid's last year in Elementary School. Sniff, sniff.
6th Grade 

 3rd grade cutie.

They walk to and from school every day. So glad they have each other.  


And the week following Rylan started year 2 of preschool with Ms. Cindy. To say he was excited is an understatement. He loves school!


And this little one was so sad to be the only one NOT at school.  Here he is outside of Ry's preschool just so sad that he couldn't go. It's not missing Rylan so much...it's not being able to GO that is hard.  And here I am writing this 2 months later and he still cries every. single. day. that he can't go.  It's going to be a long year. Believe it or not though, Miles starts preschool next year.  What?!

2 comments:

Kris and Cath 7:35 AM  

I love all of these traditions! Especially the before school date with mom!

Tyler 7:08 PM  

Poor kiddo! great pictures though!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes