Monday, August 05, 2013

{Ensign Ranch Campout with Friends}

A few families in our ward got together for a fun camping weekend just 5 days after we returned from Utah...no rest allowed during summer!  We plowed through the laundry and loaded up the trailer to head up to this LDS church facility that is about an hour away. They use this camp for girls camps and other youth activities so it is only open to families on the weekends.  SUCH a fun place with so much to do!  


We barely managed to get our trailer into the spot...it's mostly tent camping so typically big rigs aren't maneuvering through that loop, but we made it!  We were the last ones to arrive (typical...ha!) and met up with the Kerrs, the Poyfairs, the Dyers, the Radimaks, and the Karabas.  An awesome group with a zillion kids running around and everyone had a friend our two to pal up with.  

First up was checking out the water-slide   It was a beautiful and hot weekend, so it was perfect water-slide weather.  




Trevor did several rounds of canoe rides. Miles just loved it.  


The dads and the big kids had a blast on the rope swing.


The little kids got  20 minutes each on a horse.  


And Carson and Trevor got an hour long horseback riding trip...which helped Carson overcome his fear of horses (?!)...and now he totally loves it.  Yes, I am one of those moms that forces their kids to do certain things in hopes that they will discover it isn't so bad. This time it worked.  

We enjoyed late nights around the campfire and I discovered I really am a night owl when the rest of the crew called it quits at 10pm...what?!  

Addy made jiffy pop popcorn over the fire.  We have to make due when we don't have a microwave (no hook-ups for the trailer).  Sacrifices.  

Here's the only semi-group picture I got which includes about half the people.  So fun camping with such a big group!  We all have committed for round two next year!  

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes