Tuesday, July 23, 2013

{Fam Reunion: Major Activities}

We jam pack our week with major fun...Here are a few of the highlights.

Enterprise Rodeo
 We love the local rodeo in Enterprise! 



My dad let me borrow his hat.  Makes you really want to be a barrel racer or rodeo queen!  I could totally get onboard with cute western wear. 
Loved seeing my BYU roommate, Melinda, and her sweet kiddos compete in the rodeo. 
(Nice photo bomb, Camille!)
Melinda brought her horse over behind the stadium for the kiddos to have a little ride.  Such a treat for these city slickers!

The big kids ready for the chicken chase....Too bad they didn't catch one (?!?)  They were really hopeful too!

Zip line!
My dad's friend in town has a zip line in his back yard. The kids thought this was the coolest thing ever! They each got to go twice and absolutely loved it! 



Even the moms got to go!  It's actually a really tough leap off the edge.  My kids are brave. 

ATVs
The kids never tire of Grandma and Grandpa's ATVs.  They were running constantly.  So grateful that Carson was old enough to give the little kiddos rides.

Miles was nervous the first day or two but warmed up pretty quickly.  He loved it!


And Carson spent 4 hours one morning getting officially ATV certified...meaning he can be on public roads on his own.  A driver's license of sorts.  He's awesome! 


Tuacahn

The moms and big kids hit Tuacahn to see Mary Poppins. The theater is amazing. All outdoor and starts just after dark (when it is still an uncomfortable 90 degrees....that's St. George for ya!).  Despite the heat, it was an amazing show!  And totally prompted my Halloween costume for this year...(stay tuned). 








0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes