Saturday, July 27, 2013

{Fam Reunion: The Snows!}

 We don't just love visiting Pine Valley because my parents live there now, or because we have grown up having summer vacations here...we love it because my mom's entire family gathers here every year!  As the family gets bigger, time with my cousins and aunts and uncles doesn't come around as much, so we savor the time together. Big time.

One afternoon we all gathered in the valley for a picnic lunch and some fun in the sun.  Major bouncy house/water slide was a huge hit!




\


Of course we managed a few crafts. Dalley girls were in charge of the kids crafts.  We made sponge splash bombs on this day.  

 But my super crafty Aunt, Amie, always brings the good stuff...including all the stuff to make all-the-rage stamped jewelry.  Everyone loved it.  



This was our only sunny day of the 3 day 'official' reunion. We soaked it in.  
This little guy would not nap.  

My grandparents are going through decades of stuff they have accumulated in the garage.  Grandma marked every box that was up for grabs with a red 'x'.  Oh man did we have fun searching through the 'Red x' boxes that my kids are still talking about. Everyone got some treasures to take home.  


The other days we were rained out ... so it was my parents garage to the rescue! The Snow girls planned an awesome game of Family Feud and Minute to Win It. Total blast!  




The two responsible for this entire group.  Loved spending time with them. So grateful to them for the examples they have been to be in my life.  

And on the final day we took a big group picture!  We planned a loose color scheme which actually turned out quite well...especially considering this huge group. What an awesome posterity!!  

 My grandparents with their 5 kids and spouses.  So awesome that they were all there.  

The Dalley crew!




Another shot of the sweet grandkids.  

Love spending time with my mom and sisters! Love these women SO much!!

And couldn't skip over this darling picture of Ry and Graham. They become great friends each and every summer.  

Oh it was an amazing time! Two weeks just flew by.  It's something my kids have grown to love...and it warms my heart to see them adore this time with their cousins and extended family.  These family moments are priceless. So worth all the effort in schedules, time, and money to make it happen each year. 


2 comments:

Kris and Cath 8:39 AM  

This is AWESOME! What gorgeous photos.

Kricket 9:27 PM  

Okay, I'm a little confused who the couple is that is standing with the Dalley family in place of Bryce and Becca. Did Bryce have plastic surgery and get a new wife?

-Garrett

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes