Sunday, July 28, 2013

{Road Trip Home}

Even though it adds an hour or more to the drive to go through SLC vs. the middle of no where, Nevada...we opted to head up the SLC way to hit temple square on a pit stop. We only had about two hours but were able to hit all the major sites and the visitor's center.  


Nothing beats this. Completely magnificent.  


More about this temple here.  





Next stop was Burley, Idaho for a small visit with Trevor's grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa Pettingill.  Grandma has been dealing with severe health challenges for years, but seemed in good spirits.  This is a tough transitional year for them as they decide on some higher level care for Grandma. It was wonderful to visit with them in their own home of 40 years. It's always a treat for my kids to spend time with their great grandparents. This couple has made some amazing sacrifices in their lives of which we directly benefit.  So grateful.  


Trevor does such an amazing job keeping in touch with his grandparents. He especially loves Grandpa Pettingill and calls him about once a week. They have grown really close over the years.  

While I was there I pulled all kinds of pictures from around the house to shoot with my nice camera.  As a granddaughter in law, there is no way I will end up with original prints of anything, and this worked better than I thought.  I am in love with old pictures. They tell such a story.

Trevor's grandma at age 2.

Trevor's grandpa at age 13.

Trevor's grandma and grandpa during their engagement in 1949. She told me all about this beautiful suit dress that was in her favorite soft green color.  Even though her short term memory is fleeting, she remembers this moment with her sweetheart like it was yesterday.

We stopped in Twin Falls again for the night and Addy loves getting a shot on Addison Ave every year.  


 And then up to Boise the next day for a visit with Great grandparents set #3, Grandma and Grandpa Hill.  Grandpa's health has been up and down over the years as well, but he manages to always have a smile on his face when we visit.  His memory still sharp as ever and will indulge Trevor with endless stories.  

Extra girl here is Trevor's sweet cousin's daughter.  A cutie and so thankful they stopped by!




We adore our heritage. We feel so incredibly blessed!

1 comments:

Tyler 6:40 PM  

Looks like it was a great visit!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes