Wednesday, September 25, 2013

{Soccer Season 2013}






Another season come and gone.  Phew!

I only hauled my camera out on one Saturday this year and didn't get very many pictures at all.  But if I didn't post these ones it will quickly be forgotten how soccer takes over my life in the fall. 

This was our first year with 3 kids in fall soccer. 

It was crazy.  5 practices/week and 3 games each Saturday.

It was a HUGE blessing that Carson's and Addy's practices were on the same day and in the same location (but different times...which made for a 4 hour evening at the soccer field...but better than on 4 different days).  

And Rylan's games were all at 8am.  Yes 8 AM for 4 and 5 year olds. Pure torture.  Had I known that prior to sign-up, I wouldn't have done it. Our little Ry is just not a morning person and that made the experience really tough.  Until you are in U7, this league does random match-ups on Saturday mornings all in the same spot. It's not ideal, but it did make for easier scheduling. Trevor and I were able to handle all the games between the two of us because Rylan's were always done early.

The kids had a blast. They each enjoyed their teams quite a bit.  Rylan and Addy had friends on their teams.  And Carson had a brand new coach who turned out to be fantastic.  

We were all worn out as the season dragged on into November, but I'm thrilled my kids love it so much.  So fun to watch them improve each year!

Rylan mostly chased around the pack with the ball...most of the time with a smile on his face (but quite a few times with a pouting face too...). He really loved the after game treats!



Addison made huge improvements this year and figured out she really likes to play forward.  She scored a few goals at the end of the season and even one off her left foot.  



Carson continues to love the sport and his friends on the team.  He never complained about practices or games, but with everything else he has going on (scouts, student council, increasing homework, piano, cello) it got to be pretty tiring.  We might consider a break next fall. He has already started basketball. Oh boy.


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes