Friday, November 01, 2013

{Addison Turns 9}

  

Our Addy girl turned 9 in October. It's always a crazy time being so close to Halloween, so we decided to move her friend birthday party into November.  Best idea ever!  {blog post coming up next!}

But you can't let a 9th birthday go by without a little celebrating! Her birthday was on a Sunday this year so I got the helium balloon kit for balloons that morning, and she wore her favorite dress to church.


The day before she picked Olive Garden for her dinner out with the family.  Good choice!


And she loved decorating her own angel food birthday cake Sunday evening.  


Aww...she's our sweet girly, girl.  We love her so much!  
Nine years old going on teenager. I feel her youth just slipping through my fingers.  It's hard!  

She's grown up a lot this year.  We are so happy she is in our family!
Some of my favorite things:
1.  She texts me all the time from her iPod.  She's chatty.  I love it.  When I text Carson I get one word answers (ya. or no.).  With Addy she gives lot of information and details.  We leave Carson in charge when we go out, but I always go to Addy for info.  How are the boys? What are they doing?  And then she chats it up about what we are doing.  
2.  She's our curious one.  She gets interested in subjects (especially with the gospel) and will sit with her Dad on her bed and ask endless questions.  
3. She loves one on one mom or dad time.  I love to sneak away to do girly things (pedicures or manicures or lunch dates).  But she equally loves time with dad to grab a treat or run errands.  
4. She's a great little reader. She's loving the Judy Moody books and Junie B. Jones series. They are much to easy for her, but she likes it that way because she can finish a book in less than an hour.  
5.  She's a great student. The biggest issue she has is being "chatty" in school. Shocker.  But she has a great group of school and church friends.  She's the social (wild?) and fun one.  She's super outgoing and energetic.  
6.  She's loving her American Girl doll. She's had it one year and always wants new outfits and accessories.  It's the favorite toy.  Also loves her rainbow loom that she got for her birthday!
7.  She's creative at home.  Always doing projects, singing, or making up dances with the little boys.  She loves music (but it's still torture getting her to practice piano...she doesn't love that, for sure).  
8.  Her fave food is Top Ramen.  Yes, seriously.  That and skittles. Quite the food connoisseur!
9.  Love, loves Activity Days. I'm so lucky to be one of her leaders too. It's such a blast, I can see why she likes it.  She hates the 'off' weeks.  It's a tremendous group of girls.  I am so grateful she has that.  
10.  She keeps busy with soccer, dance, and running club too.  She wishes sometimes she has more 'free-time', but that usually gets wasted in front of the TV or the iPad.  So, the schedule keeps her active (and happy).
11. She does her own hair now. She can braid and pull it half back. Mostly she puts in a headband.  I still insist on curling her hair on Sundays, but she doesn't like it. Oh the independence is coming!

She's such a sweet girl, and I seriously can't believe she was born 9 years ago.  A decade just flies by in an instant.  I was so grateful that day to have a daughter of my own.  She's a keeper.  

1 comments:

Tyler 4:29 PM  

So cute! She is such a great kid!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes