Thursday, October 31, 2013

{Halloween 2013}


Halloween pictures are some of my favorites!  Thankfully all the costumes were worked out the month prior so we could have them in Disneyland. It made Halloween 'season' a piece of cake. I think Addy wore her costume 4 times.  2 different parties, the ward trunk or treat, and Halloween night. 

We did our pumpkins 2 nights before....always pushing it until the last minute! They all love it, and it never gets old!







We took pictures on the night of the Trunk or Treat in order to keep Halloween stress-free.  Highly recommend it. The kids know if they just cooperate, it's over quickly.  Happy mom, great picture memories. Win win!





Trevor and I attended an adults only costume party too...Had a blast! And won Best Couple Costume!  BooYa!


The Trunk or Treat for the 3 wards that meet in our building is always fun.  You can work your way through the whole parking lot in a half hour!  Fun for the kids to join in with their friends.  



On Halloween night I decorated our table for our traditional chili and cornbread dinner.  The crows and those spider felt place mats were from the dollar store!  I also took a shot at black candy apples.  I loved how they turned out!  Unfortunately, I'm the only one who really liked them!  (think jolly rancher coated apple).  Too many other sweet candy options that night, I guess!  





It was another successful Halloween! I love that time of year!!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes