Saturday, November 30, 2013

{Thanksgiving 2013}


We love hosting Thanksgiving in our home! We were thrilled to have Trevor's Dad and his family join us this year.  They haven't been up to our home in 5 years, and it was great to spend sometime with them.  They arrived late the night before Thanksgiving...which worked out great because Wednesday is our major cooking day. Most of the prep happens on Wednesday so Thanksgiving can be a touch more relaxing (er..that's the plan anyway).

Ry and Addy making their pies....a requirement for all of my kids each year to make a pie from start to finish.  Plus it makes for a LOT of pie. Always a good thing.


Addy helped me set the table. 

And she was a great helper in the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day as well.  That turkey was amazing!!

Here's the group (missing Trevor and I and Miles)....and it's blurry and that's all I got. Oh well.  Our friends Pat & Morad also joined us. Trevor baptized Pat this fall and they have become great friends. We were so happy they were able to join us!  
 Miles was the only kid at the 'kid table'. And he didn't seem to mind one bit!
 The pies were glorious! (Yes one Costco pumpkin pie included).  

That weekend Trevor was ordained a high priest because he was called to our Stake High Council.  It worked out perfectly for his dad to be her to perform the ordination.  His friend Josh and President Shakespeare also joined in.  It was a great night!

I'm sad I don't have more pictures, but we really did have a fun time with these guys and appreciate the effort it took to travel here during the holidays. (And yes, I was decorated for Christmas prior to Thanksgiving...it was just too short of a season this year and I wanted to stretch it out as long as possible).  

1 comments:

Tyler 8:10 PM  

looks like you had a lot of fun! Food looked amazing!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes