Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{Christmas Day 2013}

Christmas Day always comes and goes in a blur.  The bigger kids hardly slept they were so excited! I always am too (even though we headed to bed after all the prep was done at 2am!).  

We make them wait at the top of the stairs while we turn on the fireplace and music and get all the cameras ready.  



Checking out their stocking loot.  This little boy still loves his Mickey Mouse!


Addy's big request from Santa this year was this doll armoire for her American Girl doll.  She was pretty excited and spent the bulk of the day organizing it.  

We are the last people in the ward to finally cave and get an xbox.  With x-box live to boot = one happy 12 year old!  

We recently got these boys into star wars, so these little figurines hit the spot.  

Rylan requested a robot from Santa multiple times.  Dreams do come true!!




These remote control cars were a hoot on Christmas morning.  Too bad after a couple weeks they fell apart.  


And the aftermath!  We were certainly spoiled by our parents and family with generous and thoughtful gifts.  The day went by quickly talking and face-timing with family and making a big Christmas dinner.  I always get a little sad on Christmas day evening...sad that it's over for another year.  

Ry snuggled into bed with his favorite toys and all was right with the world.  Just as it should be.  




0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes