Monday, December 30, 2013

{Christmas Eve 2013}

We started our Christmas Eve morning at OPH (Original Pancake House)....we've done that the last several years...it's the best breakfast joint around and only a mile from our house. 

We felt so treated when an anonymous couple paid for our breakfast!  How nice is that on Christmas Eve??  Just warms your heart that there is so much good in the world. We paid it forward hoping the chain would continue.... 
 My parents were spending Christmas at my sister's house in North Bend this year. My sister graciously invited us to join them for Christmas Eve. We had a blast!  The kids love any excuse to spend time with cousins, but holidays sure are the best!
First up was painting ornaments. I love our little collection of hand painted ceramic ornaments the kids have created over the years. 

My mom was working on another project, and I was a huge help watching her. 


These two had fun with their American Girl dolls.  


A marshmallow fight in the front room is always a good time! It was rowdy and loud and fun!
In the evening we had a lovely Christmas Eve program. Each of the kids performed something.  Addy played a song on the piano.
Rylan sang the 'Hippopotamus' song he learned at preschool. 

Carson played a Christmas carol on the cello.
We sang some hymns together.
And acted out the nativity, of course! 

 The shepherds listening so attentively to the angel. 


These two are so sweet together!
Everyone got new Christmas jammies.

And then we rushed off to snuggle them tight in their own beds in anticipation of Christmas Day!  It was a wonderful and relaxing time together.  Thanks for the invite Apkens!!




0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes