Saturday, March 01, 2014

{Phoenix in February}

My parents spoiled us with an adults-only trip to Phoenix in February.  As we looked over our calendars at Christmas time, February was the ONLY month that would work for all of us.  Busy lives between my parents and 5 siblings for sure.  But Phoenix in February is glorious! Such a nice escape from the rain and gloom in Seattle.  We were in heaven all weekend knowing our kiddos were being taken care of by a good friend who recently graduated from college.  She stayed at our house and the kids loved a full-time babysitter for a few days. 

Here's the whole crew!

The girls soaked up the sun as much as we possibly could. 
And to have a Café Rio literally right next to the hotel was like paradise. 
We spent a good 3 hours in the Nordstrom Rack that was also next door to the hotel.



 And a nail salon managed to get our whole group in for manicures and pedicures.
Meanwhile the guys took in some great golf games. 

And then we would join up with them for dinner in the evening including an awesome meal at Ruths Chris....Man, we are good at eating good food!

On Sunday we went to church at my Uncle Scott and Aunt Amie's ward in Gilbert, and then they drove us out to the new Gilbert temple. We missed the open house by only a few days! It's beautiful.
And then the guys indulged us in a slew of photo-ops!
We spent the afternoon with Scott and Amie and the kids at their beautiful house and sat poolside for a yummy BBQ (no pics?!) 
After that we hit up mini golf and go cart racing!
On the final day we headed out on a decently challenging hike at Camelback mountain...in our flip flops.  Beautiful views of the desert which was surprisingly green!

We were welcomed home to these sweet faces! 

Thanks to my mom and dad for providing such an awesome trip full of memories for all.  We are so appreciative of their sacrifice to make these events happen and to keep our family close. It's not an easy task with our large group now, but we all love being together, so I wouldn't say it's too much of a chore to spend 4 days in Phoenix with them!  Thank you! Thank you! 

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes