Wednesday, May 28, 2014

April/May iPhone

I'm taking approximately 500 pictures a month...just with my iPhone. I know.  Seems excessive.  But apparently I'm obsessed with documenting nearly everything.  I do love how it captures more of our every day life though.  

April and May had some gorgeous days.  I love the spring...flowers, sunshine, (and even the warm rain).  
 Always lovely to see my flowers bloom!


And it starts the season of eating as many meals as possible outside.  


And having friends over for s'smores.

And little birdies laying eggs in a nest just outside our kitchen window.  How cute are these baby birds?!

And if it hits 70 degrees..we turn on the sprinklers for the season.



 My primary presidency also squeezed in a 'Great to be 8' night for our primary kiddos turning 8 in 2014...it turned out great!  Love these kids!


Ry reached the '100 Club' in Preschool by counting to 100!

And he enjoyed monster day when the teacher painted everyone's face green!

Non-preschool days turn into fun play-dates for these two.  Making forts on top of the pool table is always fun.  Extra guest bed??

We headed to Vancouver for a day while  Trevor was doing "Golf Your Guts Out"..aka GYGO 2014 down in Portland.  We shopped. He golfed 72 holes in 2 days.  




 I was on the committee to help with Mormon Prom this year, and it was such a blast. I was happy to be a helper and not in charge...especially after learning how big of a production it is! Our stake was just in charge of the food/display for the dance.  It turned out amazing thanks to my friend, Tiffany's, awesome vision.  I


 I helped by doing the invitation and this menu board and by being a worker-bee the day off. It was a long day, but super fun to be a part of!

 The husbands were recruited to be bar tenders for our 'non-alcoholic bar'. They had way too much fun with that!


Mother's Day with these sweet kiddos is always a good day!

My mother's day treasures! I had sharing time that day so all the primary kids made those cookie flowers...it kind of worked.  


Playing with cousins after T-ball!

And the big event for May was seeing my new niece being born! I took all the birth-story photos and it was such a blast to do!  Little Gwen is just an angel and my kids can't get enough of her!!


Gwen being born also meant we had my mom nearby for a couple weeks helping my sister. We took her out to McDonalds for her birthday...yah, big spenders.  Haha.  

But later we celebrated my mom, Trevor, and my BIL Chris for all their b-days that week at a nice restaurant in downtown Puyallup.  

And we also celebrated Trevor with the kiddos too.  Another year older and so blessed!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes