Wednesday, August 20, 2014

{Mt. Rainier}

We've made it a tradition to go to Mt. Rainier in mid- August the last few years.  There is just no place like it at this special time when the wild flowers are in peak bloom.  We invited our good friends, the Carver family, to join us on a pretty strenuous 5 mile hike.  The weather held out, the flowers were gorgeous, we got some sneak peeks of the mountain (but it was mostly behind clouds), and the temperature was perfect!















Miles was a trooper for about 4.5 out of 5 miles!  Good little hiker that 3 year old!!




Playing on the glaciers is always fun!


I say this every year, but the pictures don't even do it justice.  If you ever get the chance to visit Seattle in mid-August, Mt. Rainier (we always go to the Paradise park entrance), it's a must-see!




2 comments:

Tiff 1:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff 1:08 PM  

Rochelle, I found the picture of your daughter in her beautiful baptism dress on pinterest and my mom is using the same pattern to make a baptism dress for my daughter. You listed the pattern name, but not the kind of fabric you used. Is there any chance you remember what it was? I'd be forever grateful if you could email me that info! tiffrudd82@gmail.com

THANK YOU!!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes