Monday, September 01, 2014

{Rylan's 6th Birthday Pool Party}



Rylan's birthday is the closest one in the family to having a "summer birthday".  But the pools all close on Labor Day weekend, so we celebrated his birthday a week early at the end of August.  Of course it was beautiful weather all week, but as Friday came we woke up to rain and gray clouds.  I debated all morning on whether to cancel or move forward.  The pool wasn't closed, so we crossed our fingers (and said a little prayer) that all would work out...and it did. Miraculously right at 3pm, the clouds parted and the blue sky appeared...but only for the 2 hours of the party.  A tender mercy right there. It wasn't warm.  60-ish degrees, but pool is heated to 85 degrees so the kids had a great time in the water.  



Rylan invited his close friends and cousins and their families. It was a fun group of all ages!


They only would let me set up 10 minutes prior to opening which meant a simple decor and easy food!




6 years old!


This community pool is awesome! A little lazy river, big slide, splash playgound, bubble pool, and a big pool with a deep end.  






 You could have given him a bag of apples and he would have the same reaction. He's a very loving gift-receiver.  


 My little guy getting so grown up and just a few short days from starting all-day Kindergarten!

Grateful to my sisters for making it down (Here's Camille and I and not sure how I missed Reese in this photo??!)

And good friends who are even better moms to their sweet kiddos!




Happy Happy Birthday RY!!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes