Thursday, October 30, 2014

[Addison is 10!}


We love this sweet, girly girl!  Can. not. believe. she is 10 years old! 
Double digits is a BIG deal!  


Her primary teachers call her 'Ms. Dimples' and we love this endearing term of her sweet face and darling smile!  

She's grown up a lot in the last year and has really turned the corner in helping out at home big time!  I can always count on her to help out with dinner. She is eager to cook and set the table (but not so much clean up).  She likes to use the fancy napkins and cups whenever I let her.  

She also makes a lot of food on her own now...brownies, cookies, top ramon.  All her favorites. She is learning to follow a recipe very well.  

She's a wonderful reader, and I've finally convinced her to read books that take longer than 30 minutes to read. So she's tackled some big novels so far in 4th grade and finding the love for books that have a longer plot.  

She independently completes homework. No nagging required. She stays on top of assignments and projects with no help from her parents.  She does really well in school. She's been helping her 1st grade teacher during some of her recess time to get service hours for an award she is working on.  

She stays busy with dance (this year it's contemporary), activity days (she loves it and I miss being her leader!!), soccer, piano, and running club.  But if she had her way ...she usually prefers a clear schedule to just play outside with the neighbor friends: bikes, basketball, four square, etc.

Even though Carson is "in charge" when Trevor and I are gone for the evening, I know it's mostly Addison taking care of things.  She is going to be a great babysitter someday!  She's (mostly) good to her little brothers and will play with them and read them stories.  But she also hates when they are in her 'stuff'.  

Keeping her room clean isn't her best quality. Not sure why the bathroom floor is always covered in clothes when the hamper is a few feet away....  But she does always set out her outfit, head to toe, on her chair by her bed every night before school.  

She loves to write and bear her testimony in church on fast Sundays.  Not every month, but every few months.  She's brave and willing to be up in front of others to share the gospel. She talks about church with her friends and has invited several friends to activity days.  She's a great example to me!

She's not a drama queen...she's rarely in tears about anything.  While we hope this continues through the teenage years, we are grateful now that she has a pretty even temperament.  She's a tough cookie!

She's growing into a beautiful young woman, and I couldn't be more proud of her!!  I am so grateful to call her MY daughter!  She's such a light in our family of (mostly) boys!  I'm so glad we get some mother/daughter time quite often!  I love to steal her away for nails or shopping.  She's my go-to tag along for any of my to-do list or errands.  A mini-me.  Love, love, love her!




On her actual birthday her dad took her out to breakfast (Pancake House...her favorite!), then it was Olive Garden with the family for dinner (another favorite), and then she made her own cake (angel food cake) for dessert!  


Happy Happy Birthday to our Addy girl!!  

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes