Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{Sept 2014 Wrap-Up}

September is always a crazy month!  School and sports and activities galore...the fall is typically the busiest time for our family.  But it sure is always a lot of fun! 
Another year of soccer season for these two!  We decided against Rylan playing because I didn't like the format (all 8am Saturday games) and he had just completed T-ball in the summer.  Still crazy with 4 practices a week between these two and 2 games on Saturdays.  Thankfully we lucked out on mostly great weather all season. These two had a blast.  




We participated in our stake day of service at a local cemetery.  

I escaped to the Puyallup state fair with just (gasp!) one kiddo and some friends one afternoon.  We skipped the rides and just had fun seeing the animals (piglets!) and eating good fair food! Shhhh...don't tell the other kids!

I love the Utah peaches I can order from Bountiful baskets in September. My kids devour these!


Addison had a Saturday Activity Day camp that I was able to attend with her.
 Our ward has such sweet girls!!

Carson got his Star rank in scouts...woot!
 
 And Grandma and Grandpa got to be there too!
 Always fun with Grandma in town...we hit lunch one day with Camille.

And a Mariners game too. It's been a couple years since we have gone and it's always fun to be at Safeco!  Even if I was without the hubby that night (he was out of town at a conference.)






Addison gets to attend the General Women's Meeting with our church now that the age is 8 and up...so we loved our little night out together.

Joined by some super great moms too!

Addison was in an early Halloween photoshoot for my friend's company, Banner Events.  Addison eats this up big time!!


I am enjoying my one-day-a-week volunteering in Kindergarten.  


This kid got braces....so we have a brace face for the next 18-24 months.


And this is how we all feel in September...but especially a kid that went from 3 days a week of 2 hour preschool to all day Kindergarten 5 days a week.  It's been an adjustment!  

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes