Tuesday, December 30, 2014

{Christmas Day 2014}

Christmas morning...Such a joy and always goes by way too quickly!  The kids actually seem to get up earlier and earlier each year (they used to sleep in on Christmas Day!).  I think they were all up at 7am ready to go.  We had to wake up Miles before the kids could come down the stairs.

video

Then I made them take just one more picture in front of the Christmas tree before the room was destroyed with shreds of wrapping paper and cardboard.  


The boys were so pumped to find these plasma cars.  

 All the kids actually played with them out in the sunshine on the deck. Christmas Day was glorious!

Miles loved his very own carrying case for his hot wheels.

This little guy is our lego champ!  

Beats were on the top of his list!




And Addison got surprised with her very own sewing machine.  

Which she quickly got all set up and started working with the scrap fabric.  

Tools are always a good gift for Trevor.






And the aftermath.  We took it slow and easy on Christmas Day.  I didn't rush the clean-up and we took our time opening gifts.  


We had a relaxing and easy dinner. Took some short cuts with Rhodes rolls and easier side dishes.  Can't believe this is the only picture I have of dinner.  Ha! Miles drinking a root beer! 

I'm always a little disappointed when Christmas Day comes to an end.  It just seems like the season ends so abruptly.  But we had amazing time in December with all the festivities and plans and thoughts of our Savior, born in Bethlehem many years ago.  

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes