Thursday, December 25, 2014

{Christmas Eve 2014}

We had an incredible Christmas Eve with the entire Dalley family crew!  It was my parents' year with Camille & Bryce....so Erin decided to fly up to be with them too!  Reese and I had planned on a big Christmas Eve party with them ....and then week of Christmas, Bryce & Becca decided to come up for the holiday too!  So we had all of us together! It was a Christmas miracle and such a joy to have the whole family together.


We started off the morning at our traditional Christmas Eve morning spot....The Original Pancake House!  Camille's family, Grandma and Grandpa and Erin joined us too (the others weren't coming until the afternoon).  And we had Trevor's brother, Tyler with us for the holidays too!  OPH is always a hit with this crew!

 Next we headed to my sister's church building to play it up in the gym.  The little kids brought their bikes and we played a lot of 'bump' and basketball.  




And a few games too!  

We ordered Dicks BBQ for an easy dinner and then settled into Camille's lovely house for the evening.  

The kids had a blast playing Bean-Boozled (our winnings from our white elephant gift party).
And we had a marshmallow fight! 


video

 And decorated sugar cookies to leave out for Santa (and eat!)



Next up was the nativity program. The kids came prepped with costumes and were really excited to play their different parts.



video





And then it was time to open up Christmas Eve PJs!


That makes a lot of cousins! 

The entire crew in our PJs.  I love all the traditions we have on Christmas Eve!  It's such a special night as we reflect on the birth of our Savior on that night long ago.  We love the reason that this evening pulls us all together and the faith of this combined group.  

Just before we left, Grandpa read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to all the grandkids. They were giddy with excitement for the next morning.  We loaded up our Santa cookies and headed home to enjoy Christmas Day with our little family.

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes