Saturday, February 28, 2015

{Girls Trip to Florida}

Sometimes it is hard to find a day where we can all meet for lunch... let alone a block of 5 days to have a girls trip in Florida...  But the stars aligned for a long weekend in February and it all came  together!  My mom is a superstar travel agent and managed to find an amazing hotel suite for us to stay in and coordinate our flights so that we all arrived about the same time in Orlando.  

As luck would have it, Orlando was having record LOW temperatures for February...but it was still much warmer than Seattle!  

The gorgeous resort had it's own lake!


So when the pool is out...we shop!  And we pretty much did ALL day long....just breaking for good food, of course.  Orlando is shopping mecca.  I could not believe the crowds in all the stores, parking lots, etc.  It was nuts!  And we found some great deals even though I couldn't really shop for me due to the baby bump...but I had a great time shopping for our sweet baby!


 One night we had a fantastic meal at The Melting Pot. I hadn't ever been before and it was just as amazing and slow-paced and relaxed as I would have hoped.  Yum!



We also ventured into Downtown Disney one night for some yummy food and window shopping.  

Our final day brought the lovely 80 degree temps...so we soaked up the day by the pool!

And opted for these boat cruisers (kind of like a golf cart on water)...super quiet and soothing and you don't have to make any effort.  ha!  




We stayed up late every night, never adjusting to east coast time, and never tire of endless conversations and fun.  We all get along so well and it's just a treat to be distraction free knowing the kids are just fine home.  Can't thank my mom enough for making these trips happen! 

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes