Thursday, April 30, 2015

{April Happenings}

Addison and Trevor worked on her pinewood derby car for about a week prior to the ward Activity Days Pinewood derby.  Trevor is a pro at making these cars now...he knows little tweaks that make a big difference.  

Addison designed the shape and really wanted to have BYU car....so she went with navy paint and BYU stickers.  Easy.  


The group of Activity Day girls in our ward is so sweet!  
 It was a close, close race between Addison and Ainsley Madsen for the top spot, but Addy just barely edged her out!  She was pretty darn happy!

 Because of the amazing spring we've had...the plants were all overgrown so soon this year!  I took to the edger (even though I'm 7 months pregnant) and worked my way around the yard. And even pressure washed the entire deck!  A little baby bump not slowing me down!
I hosted a bridal shower for one of our favorite prior babysitters and the daughter of a dear friend.  We love Sam!  She was going to BYU-Hawaii, so we had to squeeze in her shower the week of the wedding. The weather was glorious!  Simple decor and yummy salads from friends.  



 And a personal favorite...build your own fruit pizzas.  Such a simple dessert and everyone loves these!

 My friend, Jen let me borrow these gorgeous, glass trays for the occasion.  Love using real dishes!  However, about 5 minutes before the shower was going to start, the container of lemonade fell off the stand I was using and spilled all over the trays, broke a couple of my glasses, and made a sticky mess everywhere. Ah!  Thankfully, I just pulled the hose out, sprayed off the deck, grabbed another table cloth and had friends rinse all the trays...we were back in business in about 10 minutes. Phew!  A little nuts!  
 A few of the lovely ladies that attended.  

Another indication of how wonderful our spring was....swimsuits and sunbathing in April!  

And we finally got a chance to use one of our Christmas presents on the lower part of the deck! The fire pit!  We invited the Carvers over for smores on one of the lovely evenings.  

And then at the end of the month was Sam's wedding.  She looked stunning in her unique wedding dress. We attended the sealing and Addison was a flower girl.  



So happy for these two!
 I loved the Polaroid photo booth they had at their reception (in a darling barn!).  
And that's a wrap, April!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes