Friday, April 17, 2015

{Cookies & Milk Baby Shower: It's a Girl!}

Here I am pregnant with our 5th...got that? FIFTH baby.  I'm practically on auto pilot with the ups and downs, joys and woes of pregnancy.  I love the 2nd and 3rd trimesters (except those last 2 weeks before delivery!).  It's a joy to prepare for the arrival of a new little one. 

Because I always thought baby number 5 could be a possibility, I hadn't purged any of our baby gear. We had all the major items and just had to upgrade our carseat/stroller.  I also still had all of Addison's baby clothes safely boxed in bins in the attic.  We certainly didn't NEED a thing for this baby.  


But, my friends were so eager to shower this baby with love  (practically forcing me to agree to the party!).  I said to keep it low-key, low-stress, maybe just lunch out?? But Jen and Vivian were behind the scenes working some incredible magic to treat me to the most adorable baby shower.  Jen is the queen of small touches and delicate details and a professional event/party planner extraordinare.  Vivian is an amazing cook and also has an incredible sense of party styling.  Oh my goodness...the pictures will speak for themselves. I felt so treated! It was something that I will never, ever forget.  I was in awe of the kindness and generosity of others...the 15 amazing friends that cooked up baked goodies, and the others that brought the sweetest baby gifts.  I was just blown away in every way.  






















Loved having my right hand girl with me to celebrate and help me open the gifts.  

Here's most of the crew.  Gosh I love these ladies! Each one has impacted my life in a different way.  

And extra special to have my sweet sisters there too!

And I can I just gush over these two??....Viv and Jen, you absolutely spoiled me and baby girl in the most amazing way.  I can't even imagine the sacrifices and time that went into pulling off a shower this glorious!  You two are beyond talented and I'm so, so blessed to call you dear friends! Thank you thank you!!  Now we just need that baby girl to come!
 More fun details and a write-up about the shower here.  


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes