Wednesday, May 06, 2015

{Miles Turns 4!}


This sweet guy is 4!  Seems like just yesterday I was swooning over him at the hospital.  
4 years old.  It just sounds so much older than 3 years old.  
Big boy territory.  


When you are 8+ months pregnant, you opt for the easiest birthday party possible.  He lucked out this year with a Saturday birthday.  Which makes for easy celebrating.  

We decided to try out the Federal Way community center.  They have an awesome indoor pool and we haven't ever gone before.  We are so grateful for nearby cousins who will join in on celebrate too!  Instant party with cousins!!

This kid loves the water!! 

Lots of fun float toys/boats in the pool too.  

Here's the crew (minus Carson who was off swimming with a friend). You can spy Trevor and Bryce in the back ground. Dads in the pool having fun (while I sat my pregnant self on a bench!)  

The bigger kids were tall enough for the big waterslide. Rylan loved it!  

 We hit the nearby Costa Vida for dinner...yum!!  
 And Grandma Judy met us there! She was passing through town and got to stay with us for a day...perfect timing!!
 Sweetest kid ever!!



He really wanted a skateboard and a tree house.  

Hopefully the teepee will suffice!


We adore this kiddo. He's been the baby in the family for 4 years and in just a month will get dethroned.  We have doted on him as the youngest for a long time and have so enjoyed each stage of him growing up!

Miles at 4 Years Old:

  • Loves his balance bike! We cannot get him to even try the bike with real pedals. He cruises around on that balance bike very well though.  
  • He loves to play outside. He's a rough and tumble kid and needs space!
  • He's the stealer of the iPad and enjoys some favorite shows including Daniel Tiger and Mickey Mouse Club.  I'm trying to limit his screen time, but I catch him with the iPad hiding in odd spots. Stinker.
  • He's a serious snacker. I cannot keep this kid out of the pantry. He just thinks he is hungry all the time.  He's not a picky eater though (for the most part).  He enjoys all fruit, carrots, peanut butter and jelly, Toritos (Doritos), and fruit snacks (which I never buy but he absolutely loves).
  • He loves family movie night.
  • He's animated and excited about most things...easily pleased by new places and trying new things.
  • Loves preschool and Ms. Cindy.  
  • He loves to sing and dance. Both he and Rylan love to rock out to music on the ipod/ipad. They make up crazy dances and lip sync to the songs until they are sweating and gross.
  • When we finished his new room, he finally got a 'big boy' bed. He has the record for staying in the crib (converted to a toddler bed now) for 4 years.  He never seemed to mind.
  • Once he finally potty trained (around age 3.5)...he has been so good. It took an absolute eternity for him to get it, but once he did...it just all clicked. And he stays dry at night too.  A miracle!!!
  • He's enjoying Sunbeams at church and in general is pretty good socially. 
  •  Doesn't like to go to bed. Still. Shocker.  And will crash mid-afternoon in the car if we are out driving around. 
  • He loves to give hugs.  He needs to give me multiple hugs if I'm leaving without him.  Multiple hugs, multiple times.  He's pretty sweet that way (but sometimes it's driving me crazy).
  • And he hates when we leave without him. Not in a separation anxiety way, but in a "I'm missing out" kind of way! 

He's spunky and wild and loving!  
Happy Happy 4th Birthday Miles!! 
xoxo




0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes