Wednesday, July 08, 2015

{4th of July}


We started out our 4th of July with the Primary Bike Parade!  It's the second year I've been in charge of this event and it's one of my favorite things! The kids all adore it, and the actual parade is fairly easy to execute. 
The kids spent hours perfecting their patriotic bike decor.  







 The parade is led by a police officer in our ward. He runs his lights and siren and the kids go wild for it!  The entire route was about 1.25 miles.

Donuts and milk afterwards ... always a hit!

We didn't have concrete plans for the evening and were thrilled when our good friends, the Benners, invited us over for a swim and BBQ.  
The kids went swimming while I prepped a salad and then we had enjoyable night and evening.  
It was such a scorching hot day...it was the first time in, well forever, that we watched fireworks without jackets on.  





As part of our 4th of July weekend, the day prior we hit up iFly. The kids received tickets to go on a 'flight' for Christmas and we finally found the perfect time to go.  

After some training they were ready... except Miles that backed out at the last minute...darn! 
He eventually changed his mind, but it was too late.  





A quick video of Addison.  

video



We really had a blast...it's such a cool experience. I would definitely do it again!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes