Sunday, May 31, 2015

May (After Baby)

After one night in the hospital, we were ready to head home. The kids were just so anxious and text me about a zillion times wanting an update on our arrival home.  It took awhile to check out of the hospital (mostly because we hadn't finalized her name!)  But we finally got everything ready to go.  Ivy looked so tiny in her car seat!


 We were greeted with balloons and signs from my mom and the kids.  

Rylan worked so hard on the welcome home sign that says "Hppy Brthy to U Baby 0" 
The '0' as in your are zero years old.  He's so sweet!


I got "It's a Girl" hershey kisses for the kids to pass out to their friends at school. Trevor even took a few to work.  
We were certainly busy capturing Ivy through pictures every day of that first week we had her home My mom was cooking, cleaning, doing laundry ... and I slept in, fed the baby, changed the baby, and took naps.  It was so peaceful and wonderful to soak that time in with Ivy while she was so very fresh and new.  She changed so much in those first few weeks.   

She generally has a very good temperament.  Except for a 2-3 day period at about 2 weeks old where she seemed to be inconsolable in the evenings, she has been a dream. After two colicky babies in a row (Rylan and then especially Miles), I was prepared for the fussiness. But it just never came.  She was content to sleep wherever and was easily appeased by nursing and sleeping some more.  She gets good burps after each feeding and doesn't spit up much at all (another huge change from Rylan and Miles).  

The kids are just thrilled to see her each day after school. They ooh and ahh over her tiny features (hands, ears, feet) and just adore everything about her.  



First trip out of the house for her 3 day check up!  





Love this burrito baby!

Grandma Judy stopped by on their way through town for a quick visit to see Ivy.  




Carson and Addy participated in a Color Run with the Running Club that they are part of (Carson was helping out this year as a student coach).  

Trevor took all these awesome pictures. I was so sad to miss it...looked like so much fun. Carson and Addy couldn't stop talking about it; they loved it so much!






One afternoon we got some pictures of Ivy with Addsion.  
Addison waited 10 years for a sister.  
This is a dream come true for her and for me!  





 Sister love!!
The month of May had the biggest 'highs' of the entire year!  
We are so grateful to have little Miss Ivy with us!!


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes