Wednesday, July 01, 2015

{Running Club}

Addy and Carson both participated in the local running club put on by one of my good friends.  Carson helped out as a student coach this year.  Carson was mostly in it for the social aspect (a couple pretty darn cute girls were also student coaches), and Addison really enjoyed it this year...working hard to PR each time they did the timed mile.


The track meets are open to all ages, so Miles and Rylan also participated and had a blast. We were only able to attend two track meets due to our crazy summer plans, but we were sure glad to fit those in.  Both meets were on super hot days. We have had one of the warmest springs on record.  It was hot!


The entire club 

Look who was a sponsor this year? Trevor loves this stuff! Easy choice!


 Addison placed a couple of different times in the 100 and mile. She PR'd in her mile time with a 7:08. 

 Rylan got first place in his age group from long jump. The kid has serious hops! Who knew??!

 And Miles just loved the entire thing!  





It's an all afternoon/evening event. Lots of hanging out with friends.  
Not pictured is me wheeling around a stroller around the track and infield with a 1 month old baby in the 90 degree heat and trying to take pictures too.  She was so good and patient though...even if I did look like I was juggling a million things.  

Addison also earned the IronWoman award for having a low enough mile time for her age group and beating her own PR.  

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes