Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Addison is 11!


 This sweet girl turned 11 at the end of October!  She sure is turning into such a lovely young woman.  11 sounds so much more mature than 10, right?  She's grown up a lot in the last year, and we are so grateful to have her in our family!

Where does the time go?





She loves to bake and was determined to make her own birthday cake. She did a great job! 

 Here's a little trip down memory lane of my 11th birthday which I vividly remember.  Sometimes I don't think we look anything alike, but it could be my permed hair. Ha! Anyway, so strange that I now have my very own 11 year old daughter!


She chose Olive Garden for her birthday dinner out with the family.


And her big present was this brand new mountain bike! She was using a 20inch bike that was much too small for her.  She was super pumped!


A week later (after Halloween and all the chaos that comes with having a birthday that week), we took a bunch of her friends to see "Once I Was a Beehive".  It's a darling LDS themed movie that was actually playing at our local theater.  It was absolutely perfect for this age group....they laughed and cried and had a great time.

I am so grateful she has such wonderful friends in her life ... these girls are the best!





Addison at Age 11

  • She's my number 1 helper at home.  She's so willing to help out. She's sees a need (baby crying or boys needing something) and she helps out. Unprompted. 
  • She can be a second mom for most things including making dinner, helping the boys with homework, cleaning, organizing, etc.
  • She just loves her baby sister.  She waited 10 long years for that baby girl and they are so sweet together.  She will bathe and dress her.  She begs to hold her throughout church and Primary.  She snuggles her in her own bed.  Love, love my two girls!
  • She's a great student and 5th grade has been the year where studying and preparing has really connected. She works hard to get good grades on tests.  Her teacher told me she is just so responsible at school.  She's out best reader in the house and gets submerged in books.
  • She's an awesome athlete. She has a lot of athletic ability and is very competitive. She wants to beat her own times in running club/track and also wants to beat Carson's times or her friends' times.  When she plays soccer she's very aware of the score and what is happening on the field. She's shouting right along side the coach when she is on the sidelines too.  She wants to start up basketball this winter, and I think she will be great. 
  • She loves PE at school and (although not required), she wears sweats or leggings and athletic tops on PE days so she can really enjoy it and not be restricted.
  • She's a good friend and tends to be the silly, animated one in the group. Not shy. And she's definitely a leader (a little bossy maybe?) and she's great at organizing everyone and everything.
  • She has a great sense of style. She does her hair on her own (except some Sundays when I insist on curling it).  She has thick, thick hair that is always a rats nest underneath on her neck. I'd be happy with half as much hair as she has!
  • She loves her cousins...the ones her age (Paige) and the younger ones (especially the babies).
  • She also loves to sing and dance. She has a good time with her little brothers making up songs and dances.
  • She reads her scriptures every day and is developing a sweet and pure testimony. She loves to have gospel discussions at FHE and always asks a lot of questions.  She'd also do the lesson every week for FHE if we would let her!
  • She's a good babysitter already!  We leave her alone with the little boys occasionally and she does great.  I've left Ivy for a few minutes here and there, but this next year she will be ready! So helpful to have another babysitter in the house!
I am so glad this sweet girl is in our family.  We love her so, so much!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes