Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Annual Summer Trek to Utah

Remember that time that I drove 5 kids to Utah by myself?  Well, I do that every year, but this year with a newborn so it was a tad daunting.  But I never hesitated for even a second because we love our Utah summer adventures each year.

Thankfully Ivy is a dream in the car (and in all-around real life!). One diaper change and time to nurse at this rest stop below, and we arrived in Boise 10 hours after our journey began. Seemed almost too easy! (Purchased a selfie stick for this trip!)
 My good friend, Cristie, just moved to this apartment complex in Boise and was so gracious to have us come stay.  The kids were itching to swim in her pool after being in the car all day. Plus a yummy Café Rio dinner, of course!



Next day we were headed to Paradise, UT (near Logan) to visit Trevor's aunt/uncle and cousins. 
Let's be honest, by day 2, I needed advil and diet coke!

Turned out to be National Donut day, so we popped over to Krispy Kreme before hitting the road for our free dozen donuts!

Pit top in Twin Falls to see Shoshone falls...I love stopping off at this hidden gem!


We made it to Paradise, UT by mid-afternoon.  Gorgeous little rural town. Kids loved it!  But especially these guys...Eli (who had been home from his mission (to our mission in Federal Way!) for about 9 months. And cousin Jake, who had been home only 2 days!  So, so great to see these guys along with cousin Mallory too. Aunt Trudie and Uncle Ron were great hosts and spoiled us rotten with great meals and long talks. 






Since we took 3 days to drive to Pine Valley, instead of our normal 2, we had more time to stop in SLC.  We stopped to walk around the Utah State Capitol for awhile before walking down to Temple Square. The recently renovated and restored Capitol is ginormous and amazing!






After lunch at one of my Utah faves, Zupas!, we headed to Provo.  We took some pictures and stocked up on our BYU gear. 



And then we were off to our final destination...Pine Valley. 

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes