Sunday, January 31, 2016

{Carson's Teacher Ordination}

The Sunday after Carson's 14th birthday was his ordination to the office of Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood. These milestone birthdays as a young man (12, 14, 16, 18)  in our church are a huge deal in his progress in his testimony and in the Priesthood. I'm so grateful for a son who strives to live worthy to hold the priesthood.  He's making good decisions (for the most part!) and is a good example to me!  

He was also excited to move up to the next class where many of his friends are already age 14 and 15.  It comes with a bit more maturity, and he was ready for that.  

A big day called for a new suit since he's grown 18 inches.  Ok, not 18 inches. But a lot.  

Since he is just so darn tall and lean, we ended up getting him a professionally tailored suit. We left a ton of hem in the legs, arms and shoulders...so I'm really hoping he can make this suit last 2 years!

Here were just a few of the men in the cirle.  (Missing Eric Radimak,  Tom Hollandsworth, Josh Carver, and Bishop Dyer in the picture).  Men below: Mitchell Hollandsworth, Rob Evans, Bryce Warning, Trevor, Carson, Chris Madsen, Dennis Coatney, Trevor Spague.  So grateful for amazing leaders that guide and direct him on the right path. He has such fantastic examples of worth priesthood holders in our family and among our friends.

 The Dalley fam took over the classroom during the ordination and Trevor gave him an awesome blessing as the priesthood office was conferred.  Happy to have Charise (minus Chris) and Camille's fam (with new baby, Reed!) with us for lunch afterwards at our house.
 I didn't get a group picture apparently. But we had fun doting on these 4 babies!  
Gwen, Ivy, Meg, and Reed.  Sweet cousins!

Proud of this kid!  And so darn handsome too!

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes